Cosel Co., LTD announced the release of the 1.5 and 3 watt MG series of isolated DC/DC converters. Further releases of the 6 and 10 watt versions are scheduled for August, 2016. These MG products are an addition to the current MG series lineup of 15 and 30 watt products.
These new MG products are general purpose DC/DC converters which are 50 – 75% smaller than the Cosel SU Series. The new MG series is in a SIP package (Single Inline Package), using synchronous rectification circuits and Resonant Circuits to meet the growing market requirement for high density and high efficiency up to 89%.
The Case size of MGS 1.5W and 3W is a SIP 6 (17 x12 x 8.5mm) and MGS 6W and 10W are SIP 8 (22 x 12 x 9.5mm).
These new MG’s are available in output voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, ±12V (+24V) and ±15V (30V). The 6W and 10W version are standard with Remote control. The MG series can operate from -40C to 85C (with derating).
All MG series have a 10 year warranty and use no electrolytic capacitors for long life.
Standard features include:
1. SIP6 or 8 package, very compact size Compared to the Cosel SU series the 1.5 watt version reduces board space requirements by approximately 50%. Compared to the Cosel SU Series the 3&6 watt versions reduce board space requirements by 65% and 10 watt by 75%.
2. Wide operating temperature
3. DC1, 500V Isolation (Input-Output, 1 minute)
4. 10 year warranty (with condition)
5. Variety of output voltages available
DC3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, ±12V, ±15V